Which involved dressing up first...

Now we are ready for the proper photos...
At the ball...Discussing the interesting display of human behaviour...

What we were thinking of doing part way through the night (Jo regretted her heels) and couldnt get in the door fast enough when we got home lol!
Feet up on the couch...ahh that feels so much better (and then we had trouble getting up again and putting ourselves to bed)

It was fun dressing up and making the effort to go to the ball, but I felt much happier knowing I had Jo to stand beside. We had an interesting evening watching people drink themselves stupid, being kicked out by security for dangerous behaviour.
Frankly drunk people scare me! They are people I know, work with, are friends with but when they are drunk they are positively scary. In your face, hyper and they dont even remember anything afterwards. Why would you pay so much and then drink yourself to the point of nothing.

I was embarrassed actually, this was a large group of future health professionals acting very unprofessionally but that is the student culture at my university. Something I am not a part of.

But apart from that, we danced a little and chatted to people who weren't drinking into oblivion and enjoyed ourselves (I think-did we Jo?) but it was nice to go home afterward and chat in the quiet of Jo's house.
We both suffered the effects the next day (and the next and still...) Jo really overdid it having spent the day of the ball motobiking in a boggy field or two! But to dress up and be girly it was worth it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes Butterfly,we did enjoy ourselves.......
we really did...
and the drunks were amusing, they kept the security staff busy...
it as fun...
all except the heels...
In hindsight, not one of my best ideas!!!

Jo

Caf said...

You look gorgeous!! Great to see you dressed up and going out for fun after the previous couple of posts, you are very brave and strong to continue! I know what it's like, the post where you describe how you feel awkward and like there's nothing to talk about is so relatable for me, I feel like I'm so removed from the normal world that I don't have much to contribute sometimes...Gotta fight through it though, the good times you have when you ignore the negative thoughts floating around are worth the effort! xx