I like that statement!
My physiology tutor is American and really lovely and this was her catch phrase! We can plan all we like but "life happens" and you just get on with it as best you can. She said all you can do is make sure you get all the help you can and do your best-thats what matters!

I have a week and a half before my exams start and then a week and they are over for this semester. I have 3 exams and 1 practical assessment to get through and then I will have 3 1/2 weeks of break to catch up on uni work and relax at home, without the stress of lectures, labs and clinicals.

I am finally 'getting all the help I can' and after a meeting with the undergrad dean of Physiotherapy I think I am back on track towards continuing this year.
I have tutors for some of my papers
I get all the lecture notes printed out for me at no cost
I am supposed to collect a recorder so I can record my lectures
I get extra time for my final exams in a quiet room with only a handful of students
I will also get special consideration for my finals, if I don't pass I will be given the opportunity to resit in Feb next year without usual grade cut-off at 50%

I'm now starting to come to terms with the possibility that I wont pass, and am starting to stop stressing so much. I have been told that my expectations of myself are unrealistic considering the events that have happened so far this year and that according to the uni (and the School of Physiotherapy) 50% is good enough to pass. I need to accept that this is good enough and I find this rather hard considering I am used to passing with good grades. I think I will be happy if I just pass this semester though, it will be such a relief!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rubbish! I know what your latest result was and it was a LOT more than 50%. You will not fail, you're such a clever wee cookie and are very strong. I agree that your expectations are high considering what you are going through, but actions speak louder than words and you are still doing very well considering! Stop telling yourself you can't do things before you actually start to believe it!